DNX697S upgrade unit for 996/986 Boxster & 911 (unit only)
This is a replacement radio and optional installation hardware kit & Double DIN conversion parts for 996 & 986 Boxsters.
1999 - 2005 911 (996)
1997 - 2004 Boxster
This radio, along with our optional installation kit (check options for your car to select parts needed in addition) allows you to either replace an existing Porsche factory Navigation unit, or to convert a factory single disc player to the larger navigation unit. All required parts are included in the kit.
Note: In '97 - '02 generation of vehicles the factory amplifier (if present) works with this kit and does not need to be replaced or bypassed. The harness that we supply with this kit allows full integration with both Bose and non-Bose equipped cars. DSP equipped vehicles with a single din radio are also compatible, though the DSP controller must remain connected (will not be operable) and can be stuffed in the dash behind the HVAC control plate.
Note: PCM (factory double DIN) equipped vehicles with DSP of all years require a replacement amplifier when upgrading the radio. The factory DSP amplifier is not compatible with aftermarket radios. You can identify a DSP equipped vehicle by looking at the amplifier in the trunk. It will have DSP written on it.
Note: 2003 and later models use a fiber optic audio system that can not be used with aftermarket radios. A replacement amplifier is required. We have several replacement amplifier kits available.
This unit is very similar to our Kenwood DNX997XR Radio Upgrade Kit
Key differences are:
- 6.8" screen vs. 7", and standard resolution
- Stationary Face Plate (no moving parts)
- Wired CarPlay (not Wireless)
- Wired Android Auto (not Wireless)
- DVD/CD player with 6.8" touchscreen and AM/FM tuner
- Built-in amplifier (22 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Built-in HD Radio tuner
- Plays lossless FLAC audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) from your flash drive or SD card
- Apple CarPlay™ compatible
- Android Auto
- Built-in iPod,iPhone, and iPad control (see Details for model compatibility)
- Pandora and Spotify app control
- Siri Eyes Free control with iPhone 6s and newer
- Built-in Android control
- Pandora app control via Bluetooth connection
- Compatible with Miracast wireless mirroring technology for select Android and Windows devices (optional Wi-Fi dongle required)
- Built-in Garmin navigation system
- Maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus 6 million points of interest
- Optional traffic reports available through INRIX smartphone app — 2-year subscription included with purchase (smartphone required)
- Text-to-speech voice prompts announce actual road names at turns
- Lane assistance and junction view
- Plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards (see Details for full capabilities)
- Drive EQ+ boosts low end and other frequencies to overcome road noise
- 13-band EQ
- High- and low-pass filters
- Digital time alignment, space enhancer, sound realizer, sound elevation, bass boost, and loudness
- Supports rear-view camera adjustable parking lines (optional camera required)
- Works with SiriusXM SXV300 tuner — supports new Tune Mix, Traffic & Weather Now, and Sports Flash features
- Inputs: Two rear USB inputs, rear A/V input, two camera inputs (front, rear)
- Outputs: rear A/V output; 6-channel preamp outputs (5-volt front, rear, subwoofer)
- warranty: 2 years
Installation is relatively straight forward if you follow the included instructions and have basic mechanical skills, tools, and are comfortable with making electrical connections.
This kit is designed for the DIY and professional alike. Free 1 (800) technical support comes with this product.
What's Included in the "Full Installation & Hardware Kit" Option.
The full installation and hardware kit includes all optional parts with the exception of "Radio Pre-Wire". The full installation kit is a package of all the most commonly used parts that you will need when installing this radio upgrade into a car that originally came with a single DIN factory radio (non PCM radio). Selecting the full installation kit is highly recommended for most installations. Below is an itemized list of parts that can be individually selected if you opt not to get the full installation kit.
- Optional Custom 996/Boxster Dash Trim Bezel
- Optional Porsche Relocation Bezel for HVAC Controls
- Optional Porsche cubby/pocket to replace existing CD/Cassette trays
- Optional Radio to Vehicle Harness, prewired for your car
- Optional Antenna Adapter
- Optional Factory radio removal keys
- Optional Pre-Wired Radio Harness & Porsche Crest Pre-loaded on Start Up Screen. If you select to have us pre-wire the radio harness for you, we will also load the Porsche crest on the startup screen and load any software updates that may be available for your radio.
Genuine Porsche Climate Control Relocation Parts
Shipping Time: This product is "made to order" and is custom made for your particular vehicle. This package typically ships within 2-3 business days of order