Alpine INE-W960 Porsche 996 911 & 986 Boxster Double DIN Conversion Radio
Alpine INE-W960 Navigation Radio for Porsche 911 & Boxster
1999 - 2004 911
1997 - 2004 Boxster
See vehicle compatibility notes at bottom of this page.
This kit allows you to either replace an existing Porsche factory Navigation unit, or to convert a factory single disc player to the larger navigation unit. (Note: the Porsche startup screen/logo cannot be loaded onto this unit-look at our other double din touchscreen choices for this feature)
This unit is very similar to our Alpine INE-W957HD Radio Upgrade Kit
Key differences are:
- 6.1" screen vs. 7"
- No HD Radio
- Stationary Face Plate (no moving parts)
- Porsche Crest is not available on startup with this unit
Installation is relatively straight forward if you follow the included instructions and have basic mechanical skills, tools, and are comfortable with making electrical connections.
This kit is designed for the DIY and professional alike. Free 1(800) technical support comes with this product.
The Full Installation Kit Includes:
- The radio: full featured Alpine INE-W960 Double Din DVD with GPS Navigation and handsfree Bluetooth built in.
- Custom 996/Boxster Dash Trim Bezel
- Porsche Relocation Bezel for HVAC Controls
- Genuine Porsche Cubby/pocket to Replace Existing CD/Cassette Trays
- Radio to Vehicle Harness, prewired for your car
- Antenna Adapter
- High Speed Chassis Mount USB Cable
- Factory radio removal keys
- Full Installation Instructions
- Phone Tech Support Included
Genuine Porsche Climate Control Relocation Parts
The Alpine INE-W960 has modern features such as:
- DVD, CD, MP3
- iPod, iPhone, iTunes Tagging, and Video Playback Including Netflix
- Pandora (works with both iPhone as well as Android!)
- USB for Mass Storage Devices
- Auxiliary Audio & Video Input
- GPS Navigation
- Hands Free Bluetooth for Cell phone
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- 6 Channel Preouts
- Graphic Equalizer
- High/Low Pass Digital Filter
- 1 Year Warranty
Vehicle Compatibility Notes
Note: In '97 - '02 generation of vehicles the factory amplifier (if present) works with this kit and does not need to be replaced or bypassed. The harness that we supply with this kit allows full integration with both Bose and non-Bose equipped cars. DSP equipped vehicles with a single din radio are also compatible, though the DSP controller must remain connected (will not be operable) and can be stuffed in the dash behind the HVAC control plate.
Note: PCM (factory double DIN) equipped vehicles with DSP of all years require a replacement amplifier when upgrading the radio. The factory DSP amplifier is not compatible with aftermarket radios. You can identify a DSP equipped vehicle by looking at the amplifier in the trunk. It will have DSP written on it.
Note: 2003 and later models use a fiber optic audio system that can not be used with aftermarket radios. A replacement amplifier is required. We have several replacement amplifier kits available. 2003 & up cars with the base sound system (no speakers in doors) will work with this kit without the need for a new amplifier.
This Radio is also capable of additional accessories:
We have installed many different radio variations over the years and have found this one to be an absolute home run. The feature set and high level of quality that this radio offers makes it a perfect fit for these cars. If you have any questions or need any more information about this product or additional options feel free to give us a call. We are always happy to assist.
Shipping Time: This product is "made to order" and is custom made for your particular vehicle. This package typically ships within 2-3 business days of order