Kenwood DNX996XR Radio Kit For 996/986 Boxster and 911
Flagship Kenwood Excelon Navigation Radio Loaded with All of the Modern Day Features You Are Looking for.
Superior Touch screen with HD Display
Kenwood touch screen radios stand out from the crowd because of their glass touch screen. These screens are just like the screen on your smartphone. They are far superior to their plastic film counterparts that you will find on other units.
Built In Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto! This radio can use either your smart phones navigation app or the built in Garmin navigation. Our customers love Garmin. If you have ever used a Garmin product before, you will already be familiar with the navigation interface. Known for their world class software, Garmin delivers a great experience that has been tailored for real world driving.
Get the most from your smartphone with Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto. This feature allows your smartphone operating system to be projected on screen. Enjoy the smartphone interface and experience in your dash.
When you choose to have us pre-wire the radio kit for you, we load a Porsche splash screen on to the radio as well as the latest software updates.
- HD Radio
- Satellite Radio Ready (Must add tuner)
- Hands Free Bluetooth Phone Calls
- X 2 USB
- Wireless Miracast for Android
- Optional Traffic Reports Available through INRIX Smartphone App - 2-year Subscription Included with Purchase (Smartphone Required)
- Text-to-speech Voice Prompts Announce Actual Road Names at Turns
- Lane Assistance and Junction View
- Plays CDs, DVDs, USB Memory Devices, and SD Cardsance and Junction View
- Drive EQ+ Boosts Low End and Other Frequencies to Overcome Road Noise
- High- and Low-pass Filters
- Digital Time Alignment, Space Enhancer, Sound Realizer, Sound Elevation, Bass Boost, and Loudness
- Supports Rear-view Camera Adjustable Parking Lines (Optional Camera Required)
- More info here: http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/excelon/dnx995s/
Fitment & Compatibility Notes
1999 - 2005 911 (996)
1997 - 2004 Boxster (986)
This kit allows you to either replace an existing Porsche factory Navigation unit, or to convert a factory single disc player to the larger navigation unit. All required parts are included in the kit.
Note: In '98 - '02 generation of vehicles the factory amplifier (if present) works with this kit and does not need to be replaced or bypassed. The harness that we supply with this kit allows full integration with both Bose and non-Bose equipped cars. DSP equipped vehicles with a single din radio are also compatible, though the DSP controller must remain connected (will not be operable) and can be stuffed in the dash behind the HVAC control plate.
Note: PCM (factory double DIN) equipped vehicles with DSP of all years require a replacement amplifier when upgrading the radio. The factory DSP amplifier is not compatible with aftermarket radios. You can identify a DSP equipped vehicle by looking at the amplifier in the trunk. It will have DSP written on it.
Note: 2003 and later models use a fiber optic audio system that can not be used with aftermarket radios. A replacement amplifier is required. We have several replacement amplifier kits available.
Installation is relatively straight forward if you follow the included instructions and have basic mechanical skills, tools, and are comfortable with making electrical connections.
This kit is designed for the DIY and professional alike. Free 1(800) technical support comes with this product.
Optional Radio Installation Package
We have assembled an installation package for this radio kit that includes all of the required parts for a complete and typical installation. You can choose to either purchase this package as a single item (recommended), or if you feel that you already have or don't need some of the parts, you can choose to purchase only the parts you need.
What's Included in the "Full Installation & Hardware Kit" Option.
The full installation and hardware kit includes all optional parts with the exception of "Radio Pre-Wire". The full installation kit is a package of all the most commonly used parts that you will need when installing this radio upgrade into a car that originally came with a single DIN factory radio (non PCM radio). Selecting the full installation kit is highly recommended for most installations. Below is an itemized list of parts that can be individually selected if you opt not to get the full installation kit.
- Optional Custom 996/Boxster Dash Trim Bezel
- Optional Porsche Relocation Bezel for HVAC Controls
- Optional Porsche cubby/pocket to replace existing CD/Cassette trays
- Optional Radio to Vehicle Harness, prewired for your car
- Optional Antenna Adapter
- Optional Factory radio removal keys
- Optional Pre-Wired Radio Harness & Porsche Crest Pre-loaded on Start Up Screen. If you select to have us pre-wire the radio harness for you, we will also load the Porsche crest on the strtup screen and load any software updates that may be available for your radio.
Genuine Porsche Climate Control Relocation Parts
All of the climate control relocation parts included in this kit are genuine Porsche. You get a perfect fit and finish with a bolt together assembly. With this kit, the factory wire harnesses already in your car will reach the climate control unit in the lower position. No cutting or modification of the climate control wire harness is required.
There are a few parts that you may also want to consider adding to your radio kit.
- Premium GPS/Satellite Radio Hidden Antenna Mount. This part allows you to locate your satellite antennas under the plastic cowling in front of the windshield. This is the best location for performance and also keeps the antenna(s) out of the elements and out of sight. Read more about this item here.
- Sirius Satellite Radio Tuner. This is the required tuner box and antenna that will enable any of our radio kits to receive satellite radio broadcasts. Read more about this item here.
- Backup Camera. This kit allows you to add a backup camera to your new radio. Read more about this item here.
Shipping Time: This product is "made to order" and is custom made for your particular vehicle. This package typically ships within 2-3 business days of order